GOALS of the Davis Downtown Business Association
Develop the vision and the mission
Activate the membership
Engage volunteers who speak to the vision and the mission
Downtown Davis is at the cultural and economic center of an eclectic community that pairs a world-class university with the agricultural heritage of a quickly expanding City, striving to retain its small town-feel.
Alive with activity seven days a week, Downtown Davis draws locals and visitors alike to experience fine food and wines, retail, services, arts and entertainment in an extraordinary and sustainable gathering place.
The Davis Downtown Business Association actively leads and energizes the Downtown as the primary business, entertainment and cultural center of Davis by:
• Advocating on behalf of the Downtown
• Organizing, sustaining and supporting activities and events
• Developing regional marketing opportunities
• Expanding relations with the City and UC Davis
• Addressing parking issues
• Promoting diverse business opportunities
In carrying out its mission to actively lead and energize Downtown as:
- The primary business, entertainment and cultural center of Davis;
- A hub of innovation and creativity;
- And The unique, extraordinary lifestyle center of the City.
And in working to promote and support a thriving Downtown, DDBA will seek to:
- Promote & publicize the diversity of events, services and products offered by Downtown.
- Advocate for consistent maintenance and expansion of Downtown's aesthetic elements, including landscaping, trees, lighting and public art.
- Coordinate City/UCD planning to reduce overlap & competition.
- Revamp City development ordinances, design guidelines, development fees and the planning process.
- Incentivize optimization and full usage of Downtown property, both private and City-owned parcels.
- Advocate for zoning outside of Downtown to limit small office use in light industrial and R & D sectors of the city.
- Participate in the review of all City-owned Downtown parcels for potential higher uses. Identify and promote strategies to increase pedestrian traffic, ease the flow of automobile traffic and provide ample parking.
- Encourage the establishment of exciting shopping opportunities and support the development of more retail space.
- Support construction and redevelopment in the Downtown to increase available office space.
- Encourage the development of more living units and an increase in the number of residents in or near Downtown.
- Promote the establishment of more space for entertainment & the arts.
The success of this Framework will be evidenced by:
- An increase in the number of businesses within the Downtown Business Improvement District (DBID).
- An increase in the number of regional visitors and shoppers.
- An increase in the amount of Downtown shopping and dining.
- The generation of increased Downtown retail sales tax revenue.
- The generation of more jobs for current residents, UCD graduates and our children.