Why open a business in Downtown Davis?
- Downtown Davis is at the cultural and economic center of an eclectic community that pairs a world-class university with the agricultural heritage of a quickly expanding City, striving to retain its small town-feel.
- Alive with activity seven days a week, Downtown Davis draws locals and visitors alike to experience fine food and wines, retail, services, arts and entertainment in an extraordinary and sustainable gathering place.
- It's clean & green: Learn more about the City of Davis commercial food scrap program here.
- The Davis Downtown Business Association and Davis Chamber of Commerce provide support, advocacy and events that help drive foot traffic into Downtown businesses. Look at DDBA's successful Shopping Promotions, Gift Card Program or popular 2nd Friday ArtAbout.
- Opening a business can be a time-consuming process, but there are people here to help! A small-town atmosphere means big-time personal service. Call the City of Davis, and speak to a real person. The City of Davis Business License department can answer questions via phone or in-person, Monday-Friday, 10 am-4 pm. (530) 757-5651.