Downtown Window Decorating Contest
Be sure to visit downtown Davis to see the many businesses participating in the Downtown Window Decorating Contest. Sixteen businesses will by vying for top honors for having the Best Decorated Window during the Holiday Season. The contest begins on November 29 and goes through December 12.
The community is invited to tour downtown Davis and visit participating businesses. A map and business list is below. After viewing the wonderful storefronts, cast your vote for the People's Choice Award on-line at:
1. French Cuff Consignment - 130 G Street Suite B - 530-756-3724 - frenchcuffbtq.com
2. Davis Ace Hardware - 240 G Street - 530-758-8000 - davisace.com
3. Bubble Belly - 340 G Street - 530-231-5538 - shopbubblebelly.com
4. nestware - 207 F Street - 530-757-6400 - nestwarestyle.com
5. Outdoor Davis - 623 2nd Street - 530-757-2997
6. UC Davis Store Downtown - 630 Second Street - 530-297-4450 - UCDavisStores.com
7. Icekrimski - 618 2nd Street - 530-758-5264
8. Preeti Girl, Inc. - 200 E Street - 530-792-7438
9. The Wardrobe - 206 E Street - 530-756-1128 - thewardrobe.com
10. pinkadot - 238 E Street Shelli Ramos - 530-400-9950 - pinkadot.com
11. Cultive Frozen Yogurt - 231 E St. Suite 1 - 530-758-5555 - cultiveyogurt.com
12. USE Credit Union - 200 B Street - 530-757-9470 - usecu.org
13. Davisville Travel - 420 2nd street - 530-758-4510 - davisvilletravel.com
14. Pomegranate Salon - 123 D Street - 530-753-3559 - pomsalon.com
15. Haute Again Consigment - 129 E Street B-1 - 530-400-9962 - hauteagain.blogspot.com
16. Whole Foods Market Davis - 500 First Street - 530-750-2266 - facebook.com/WFMDavis
On Thursday, November 29th Davis Downtown and the City of Davis will "Light Up the Holidays" with the Davis Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting.
5:30 pm: The Parade participants begin lining up at the Davis Food Co-op at 620 G Street.
6:00 p.m: The parade steps off at and participants will walk to E Street Plaza.
6:30 p.m: The Holiday Tree lights will be lit.
6:40 p.m: Santa and Mrs. Claus will be located in the E Street Plaza where they will receive guests until 8:15 p.m. Other holiday costumed characters will entertain downtown visitors during the evening.
Free screenings of the classic "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" video will be shown at 6:00 p.m., 6:40 p.m., 7:20 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. at the Varsity Theatre, 616 2nd Street. The Grace Valley Choir will sing outside the Varsity Theater throughout the evening as well.
Free horse-drawn carriage rides will depart every 10 minutes from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. from the curb in front of Avid Reader 605 2nd Street. The carriage rides are sponsored this year by John Brinley Properties.
The Davis High School Cheer Team members will be assisting with the event and also making available hot cider, cocoa, and coffee as well as individually wrapped cookies, brownies and krispy treats.
Whole Foods in conjunction with Davis Commons Shopping Center will be giving away Roasted Chestnuts and sharing holiday music.
Various downtown merchants will offer unique decorations, refreshments and entertainment during the evening.